This refreshing dip is packed with protein and healthy fats! It is great for pregaming (Hello, football season!) It is even great on top of carne asada!! (Which happens to be our favorite way to serve it).
Avocado Cottage Cheese Dip
- 4-5 avocados
- 1 (24-ounce) tub of cottage cheese
- 4-5 jalapeños
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- Cilantro to taste
- The juice of 1 lime
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to liking
- Carve out your avocados in a bowl and mash. Add in your cottage cheese.
- Then dice up your jalapeños, tomato, onion, and cilantro. Add all ingredients into the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Squeeze in the juice from one lime. Add pepper, salt, and garlic powder to your liking, and give it one good mix again. The lime will not only give it a great flavor, but it will also keep the avocado from browning.
This dip is a great alternative to store-bought dips because it is high in both protein and healthy fat. It’s great to pack in your weekly meal preps and is a great healthy snack to have on hand.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
If you have time, you can take it a step further and make your own chips! You can choose to season your own chips with your favorite spices.
- 3 – 6 yellow corn tortillas
- Avocado oil spray
- Garlic powder
- Chipotle powder
- Sea salt
- First, cut 3-6 tortillas into the traditional triangle shapes.
- Next, spray with avocado oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Then pop them into the air fryer at 350 degrees. Let them bake for 4 to 6 minutes. (The longer they bake the crispier they will be. Bake till the desired crisp is reached, but not too long.)
- You can make a larger batch of chips in the oven. Set the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees, lay your chips out on a baking sheet, and bake for 6 to 10 minutes.
Chips and dip are a guilty pleasure in our home. We always have the ingredients to make some sort of dip or salsa. Our garden has provided us with bountiful crops throughout the years. Corn tortillas are always available, tacos are a must, and as I shared earlier, this dip pairs well with carne asada.