Up for discussion at the APS School Board Meeting on Monday September 13, 2021 was the purchase of the following items for the district schools. Check out the equipment list below:
- Additional Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- Microsoft Surface Tablets
- Access Control and Burglar Alarm Service Agreement
- BlackWatch Systems to Install HVAC Controls at the Estelle Yates Auditorium
- Conference Room Furniture at Central Elementary
- Student Desks/Chairs at Artesia High School
The school board also ratified agreements with the Gallup-McKinley School Et Al vs PED lawsuit. The lawsuit challenges the Public Education Department with overstepping their authority during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
The school board has three contested seats in this year’s November 2nd elections in districts 1, 2, and 4. Daniel Banks and Jeffery Conklin for district 1. Luis Flores and Kristy Crockett for district 2. Benjamin Harvey and Lowell Irby in district 4.