My girls and I have a lot of fun making these healthy fruit popsicles together and there is nothing more refreshing after an afternoon spent outside!
I usually stock up on the plastic popsicle molds and popsicle sticks at the beginning of summer because we love to make them and my kids will scarf them down! The fun part about these homemade treats is that each of my kiddos can create their own recipe using whatever fruit we have in the kitchen. This is also a great way to preserve fruit you see going to waste.
- Fruit of your choice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. honey (or agave syrup)
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds, leaving just a little space at the top for the popsicles to expand.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4-6 hours. Remove from the molds and enjoy!
TIP: I like to top with Tajin seasoning or drop the popsicle into a glass of Champagne for a tasty cocktail!
Minty Watermelon Sugar Popsicles
- 3 cups watermelon
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
Creamy Orange Mango Popsicles
- 4 cups mango
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
Recipe by Jessica Addington and originally published in Focus on Artesia 2021 Summer edition.