- 1 large sunflower head
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped basil
- Pick the head when the sunflower seeds are formed and the shells are still soft.
- Remove all the petals.
- Coat with oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place face down on grill over medium heat for five minutes until cooked.
- Coat with the sun-dried tomatoes and chopped basil.
Recipe originally published by Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds at www.rareseeds.com.
Pictures courtesy of SENM resident Celina Folmar.