Fun, social and friendly. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
- A fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong.
- Played both indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court and a slightly modified tennis net.
- Played with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes.
- Played as doubles or singles.
- Can be enjoyed by all ages and skill levels
To get more info on scoring, positions, and safety check out the link here: https://usapickleball.org/what-is-pickleball/learning-to-play/basics/rules-summary/
The City of Carlsbad is in the process of adding pickleball courts. The courts will be going in across Park Drive from our tennis courts- we will NOT be removing any tennis courts in the process.
From the office of Mayor Dale Janway