Mayor Janway responds to Judge’s temporary restraining order barring MLG’s ban on restaurants

PUBLIC NOTICE (7-20-20) Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway issued the following statement in response to a District Judge’s issuance of a temporary restraining order barring Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham and her administration from enforcing its ban on indoor dining at restaurants and breweries.

“It is a relief to see our nation’s system of checks and balances working as intended, at least at this juncture,” Mayor Janway said. “This temporary restraining order prevents the state from enforcing the new restrictions imposed on restaurants and breweries created on July. 13, meaning that these facilities may re-open at 50% indoor capacity with COVID-safe practices in place. We know these restaurants will continue to operate responsibly while protecting the safety of their customers and employees, as they had been doing prior to the July 13 order.”

The judge’s order remains in effect until July 30, though the Governor’s Office has said it would file an emergency motion asking the state Supreme Court to intervene.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Share Your News or Event with Us!