New Mexico state health officials on Tuesday announced 221 additional COVID-19 cases. Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
- 88 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 6 new cases in Chaves County
- 3 new cases in Eddy County
- 7 new cases in Lea County
The Department of Health on Tuesday reported four additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19. They are:
- A male in his 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying conditions and was a resident of the Princeton Place facility in Albuquerque.
- A male in his 40s from McKinley County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 70s from McKinley County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from San Juan County. The individual had underlying conditions.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now 519.
Previously reported numbers included one case in McKinley County that has been identified as an out-of-state resident and has now been corrected. Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 13,727 COVID-19 cases:
- Bernalillo County: 2,618
- Chaves County: 133
- Eddy County: 107
- Lea County: 211
- Lincoln County: 14
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
As of today, there are 133 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico. This number does not include New Mexicans who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been transferred to a hospital out of state.
As of today, there are 5,986 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.
Source: NM Department of Health